The Church of Scientology Buffalo stands at the crossing of Main and Virginia Streets in the heart of the Allentown Historic District. The Church fully restored the 1898 building to preserve its distinctive Beaux Arts features, while expanding facilities to better serve its ever-growing congregation and communities throughout upstate New York.
The Church of Scientology Buffalo
The Church of Scientology Ideal Organization stands in the Allentown Historic District. The Church fully restored the historic, Beaux Arts structure, and welcomes visitors morning to night.
The Church welcomes all visitors wishing to obtain an introduction to Dianetics and Scientology.
Scientology Public Information Center
The Church’s Public Information Center provides a complete introduction to every aspect of Dianetics and Scientology—including the beliefs and practices of the religion as well as a biographical presentation on the life and legacy of Founder L. Ron Hubbard. The Information Center further presents exhibits on the many humanitarian initiatives and social betterment programs the Church sponsors. Visitors are welcome to take a self-guided tour of the Center’s displays at their leisure and to return as often as they like.
All Scientology congregational services and ceremonies are convened in the Chapel, including Sunday Services open to all.
The Chapel serves as an ideal venue for seminars, workshops and a wide variety of events in the name of community collaboration for the betterment of Buffalo.
The conference room provides a meeting ground for Church and community leaders to collaborate on outreach programs.
Dianetics and Scientology Bookstore
The bookstore makes available Founder L. Ron Hubbard’s scripture on Dianetics and Scientology. In all, Mr. Hubbard’s legacy comprises tens of millions of published words in dozens of books and thousands of recorded lectures. These materials are available in 17 languages.
One of several Seminar Rooms providing for evening and weekend seminars on the fundamentals of Dianetics and Scientology.
The Church houses multiple classrooms for introductory courses on Dianetics and Scientology principles and their application in life. Among the many courses available is Success through Communication, which teaches the underlying skill to succeed in both professional and personal relationships.
Hubbard Guidance Center
The Hubbard Guidance Center is where Scientologists participate in auditing (spiritual counseling). Beyond this waiting area are dozens of auditing rooms to meet the needs of the Church’s growing congregation in Buffalo.
The Purification Center
L. Ron Hubbard developed the Purification Program to free individuals from the mental and spiritual damage caused by drugs and toxins, through a regimen of exercise, sauna and nutrition—all of which are provided for in the Purification Center.
Scientology auditing (spiritual counseling) is delivered in dozens of auditing rooms, each of which provides a quiet, distraction-free environment necessary to achieve spiritual enlightenment.
The Academy is where Scientologists train to become auditors (spiritual counselors), capable of applying the technology of auditing to help others attain spiritual freedom. Buffalo’s Academy comprises one floor of the Church, with multiple course rooms, each devoted to a different aspect of training.
The Office of Founder L. Ron Hubbard
Traditional in all Churches of Scientology is the Office of L. Ron Hubbard, honoring the religion’s Founder and symbolizing that this Church is true to his writings and ideals.
The Church of Scientology Buffalo
Originally constructed in 1898, the home of the Church of Scientology Buffalo is a 41,000-square-foot landmark in the Allentown Historic District. The Church’s renovations meticulously preserved the historic features of the prominent Beaux Arts structure.
The Church restored the landmark’s prominent Beaux Arts façade of buff brick, ornamented with glazed white terra cotta and limestone trim.
Among the historic features the Church of Scientology returned to their original, late 19th century condition are the corbel crown molding and leaded art glass that adorn the entryway.
The Church’s preservation of historic features included the fluted columns that have flanked the building’s entrance on Main Street since 1898.
Preserving Buffalo’s Past
The Church meticulously restored the historic features of its prominent, Beaux Arts home, including this fireplace that once warmed one of the original reading rooms. It now stands as it did in 1898, beneath an elaborate sculpted cornice.